Super Dad in the kitchen: Pineapple Muffin
I don’t expect every dad to be able or even interested in cooking but if you want to transition from dad to Super Dad you might consider developing a few “kitchen skills”. Here is an easy recipe for a healthy yet delicious pineapple muffin.
I’ll first post the original recipe I got from All Recipes.com but because of my son’s milk allergy I made a few substitutions and also added some stuff for a better nutritional value. So first with the original:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pans, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the reserved juice, egg, milk, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, then spoon crushed pineapple over the batter
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the crown of the muffin comes out clean.